General Terms of Contract
Effective: 6 December 2021
Who we are: Landventure Korlátolt Felelősségű Társaság (registered office: 1037 Budapest, Fanyarka utca 1. B. lház. földszint 7., Hungary, company registration number 01-09-382197; tax number: 29176878-2-41; hereinafter “Service Provider”).
Contact information (Customer Service): Tel: +36-30-585-4152, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Please send your complaints primarily by email to us.
Our services: The Service Provider's primary service is to provide fixed-term access to Landventure missions. Landventure Missions are web-based quiz-solving adventure games developed in-house by the Service Provider, accessible and playable via a web application, which can be completed once, within a specified geographical area (the “Game”, and each mission within the meaning of the Game is a “Mission”). The Game is protected by (copyright) law. The Game can be played online, once the Fee has been paid, using a unique code sent electronically; a smartphone and mobile internet are required to play the Game. The specific conditions for each Mission can be found on our website under “Missions”. Service Provider's services are detailed on the website and in these Terms and Conditions (the Game and other services of the Service Provider are collectively referred to as the “Services”).
Website: The website accessible through the domain developed and operated by the Service Provider on which the Services can be purchased, including the Game's web application interface (the “Website").
Our prices: The prices for the Services provided on the Website are in all cases gross prices, expressed in HUF. (The price charged for each Service shall be the “Fee”.)
Payment: Payment for the Services can be made online via 'Simplepay' or via 'Paypal'.
User: Any natural person, legal entity or other entity may be a user who registers on the Website, creates an account, uses a Service or participates in the Game (hereinafter referred to as “User”). Minors may purchase the Services and use the Website only with the consent of their legal guardian.
1. The Binding Nature of the GTC
1. These General Terms and Conditions (the “GTC”) set out the terms and conditions of your use of the Website, your purchases from the Website and your use of the Services.
2. By registering on the Website, by using any of the services provided by the Website, by placing an order, by subscribing to the newsletter, by participating in the Game, the User agrees to be bound by these GTC. Acceptance of the GTC also means that the User undertakes to monitor changes in the GTC. If the User does not accept the GTC, they are not entitled to use the Website or the services offered by the Website.
3. The Service Provider shall be entitled to unilaterally amend the GTC at any time. The date of entry into force of the amendments or the new GTC shall be the date on which the amended GTC are posted on the Website, unless otherwise specified.
4. The language of these GTC is Hungarian. If you are reading a foreign language translation of the Hungarian version of the GTC, please note that in the event of any discrepancy between the foreign language translation and the Hungarian version, the Hungarian version shall prevail.
5. The contracts concluded with Users shall not be filed or retained by the Service Provider. The GTC can be saved on your computer by clicking on the download button in pdf format and then can be printed. This contract shall not constitute a written contract.
6. The Service Provider shall fulfil its obligation to provide information set out in Government Decree No. 45/2014 (II. 26.) on the detailed rules of contracts between consumers and businesses on the Website, including the provision of information to Users about the essential characteristics of each Game, the total amount payable for the service plus the applicable tax and the terms of performance.
2. Conclusion of the Contract
1. The Service Provider's main service is to provide access to the Game (certain Missions) for a limited period of time, as detailed in the GTC, and the User is required to pay a fee for such access. The Service Provider also provides other services available and/or presented on the Website.
2. The operation of the Website is carried out by the Service Provider in accordance with the provisions of Act CVIII of 2001 on Certain Issues of Electronic Commerce Services and Information Society Services. The content of the services available on the Website is described in detail in the indicative call for applications for the service in question (hereinafter the “Call”). Only the User may make an offer in respect of the Call. The Service Provider will accept or reject the User's offer at its discretion. The contract for the provision of the Services shall become effective upon acceptance of the offer.
3. The Service Provider shall provide access to the Game, after payment of the Fee, by sending an access code (hereinafter “Code”) to the e-mail address previously provided by the User (the “User E-mail Address”).
4. The User may pay the Fee by the payment methods set out in these GTC. After payment of the Fee, as soon as the Service Provider's bank or the Internet payment service provider credibly indicates that the payment has been successfully credited to the account, the Service Provider shall, without undue delay and no later than 1 working day after the amount has been credited to the account, send the Code for the relevant Game to the User E-mail Address. Submission of the Code also constitutes acceptance of the offer.
5. If the User does not receive the Code within 5 (five) days from the date of payment of the Fee, they must immediately notify the Service Provider's customer service in writing.
3. How to Make a Purchase
1. On the Website, the User can select which Service they wish to use, and then click on the “PURCHASE” button to purchase the Service as described below:
1. After clicking on the “PURCHASE” button, the User will be redirected to the website of the credit card payment provider or Paypal payment provider, where they can complete the payment according to the instructions provided on the website.
2. If the Fee is not received on the Service Provider's bank account within 3 days after clicking on the “PURCHASE” button, the Service Provider may consider that the User has withdrawn their intention to purchase. In this case, the Service Provider may cancel the User's order. If the Fee is credited to the Service Provider's bank account after the 3rd day following the date of clicking on the “PURCHASE”, the Service Provider may, after identifying the payment, transfer it back to the bank account from which the payment was received or consider that the User's intention to purchase still exists and the contract has been concluded between them. The User must notify the Service Provider's Customer Service that they have not received the Code. The User acknowledges that if they submit such notification after the expiry date of the Code, they may no longer claim the Code.
3. If the Fee is refunded, the Service Provider will make the refund to the User's bank account previously provided to it, after proper verification. Otherwise, it shall not be liable for the successful completion of the repayment.
4. If the User has entered incorrect data during registration or ordering (misclicking), or if they wish to modify any data in connection with the order, they can use the “back” function of the browser to return to the previous stage and try again. If the User notices an error (e.g. a mistake in the type of the Game to be purchased etc.) after having placed and finalized order, the User shall immediately contact the Service Provider's customer service, before using the Service, but no later than 10 working days before the expiry date of the Code. The Service Provider is not liable for any damages resulting from the User's delay.
5. The Service Provider shall confirm to the User the crediting of the Fee paid by the User by electronic means without delay, but no later than 48 hours. Confirmation shall be deemed given by sending the Code necessary for using the Service.
6. The Service Provider is not liable for any damages resulting from the inaccuracy of the data provided during the purchase.
7. The Service Provider is not responsible for the correct operation of credit card payments or Paypal payments, given that they are carried out by third party service providers.
4. The Game
1. The Service Provider confirms that it will provide access on the Website primarily to the previously referenced quiz games developed by the Service Provider, which are primarily played outdoors, within the validity period of the Code.
2. Some Missions take place indoors. This will be explicitly stated on the Website in the description of the Mission. In this case, the Mission may be played during the opening hours of the indoor location and in some cases may require the payment of entrance fees.
3. By participating in the Game, the User acknowledges and accepts that the Missions can be completed on foot and that the Service Provider does not provide on-site catering, game master or transport.
4. Access does not require an app download, unless otherwise stated in the relevant Mission. Missions can be accessed through the Service Provider's unique interface using the Code.
5. The tasks given in the Missions are to be completed in a specific geographical area. The minimum distance required for the User to complete the Game is indicated in the relevant Mission. The User chooses the time when the Game is played. There may be closures or events in certain areas that prevent the Game from taking place. The User is obliged to inform themselves of this in advance.
6. The duration of the Missions varies, depending on the speed of the User. The minimum completion time estimated by the Service Provider is indicated in the relevant Mission. The difficulty of a Mission is an estimate by the Service Provider.
7. The Code purchased can be used for 1 (one) year from the date of payment of the Fee, unless otherwise stated on the Website. The Code cannot be used after the expiry date.
8. Everyone participates in the Game at their own risk. Minors must be accompanied by an adult to participate in the Game.
9. The User must have at least one charged working smartphone and adequate mobile internet access for the entire duration of the Game.
10. By participating in the Game, the User accepts that it is not possible to complete certain tasks during the Mission on a case-by-case basis for reasons beyond the control of the Service Provider, e.g.: space planning, renovation etc. In this case, the User may proceed according to the Game description and the Game may continue. The User accepts that in this case they shall not be entitled to assert any claim or demand against the Service Provider.
11. In Missions, you cannot go back to tasks you have already completed. A Mission can be played once using a Code.
12. The story of the Missions is fictional, any match with reality is purely coincidental. Please check the Mission story on our website before purchasing each Mission. Some stories may be disturbing.
5. Gift Voucher
1. The User may also purchase the Missions in the form of a gift voucher. The gift voucher will be sent in pdf format to the User Email Address. Validity period: 1 year from the date of purchase.
6. Other Questions on the Use of the Website
1. While using the Website, the User shall act in good faith and in accordance with the requirements of fairness and honesty and in compliance with the applicable legal provisions.
2. The User shall be expressly liable to the Service Provider for any damage caused to the Service Provider by the User's improper and/or unlawful use of the Website.
3. Without the prior written consent of the Service Provider, the User shall not be not entitled to use the Website for advertising or other promotional purposes, and its use for political purposes is strictly prohibited. The User may not use the Website for the distribution of illegal content, computer viruses or for the purpose of unauthorized data collection. The User agrees that the content uploaded by them to the Website, including reviews uploaded to the Service Provider's social media platforms, may be used by the Service Provider, including editing, copying, distributing for promotional purposes, or using it as a reference. By using the Service, the User agrees that the team’s name used by them during the Game may be included in publicly published statistics, alongside the reviews written by the team.
4. If the Service Provider becomes aware of any improper or unlawful use by the User, it shall be entitled amongst others to restrict the Code provided to the User, suspend the User's registration or, where applicable, delete it.
5. The User also acknowledges that the Service Provider monitors and moderates any interactive micro-sites, forums, chat rooms that may be available on the Website. The User acknowledges that in the event of unlawful use of these micro-sites, the Service Provider is entitled to suspend and/or delete the User's registration.
6. The User shall keep the password associated with the registered username confidential and shall take all necessary and reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing their account.
7. If the User's e-mail account is hacked, the User shall notify the Service Provider by e-mail, indicating the identification data of the Code affected by the unauthorized access. Upon receipt of such notification, the Service Provider shall immediately ensure that access to the Code is blocked. If the unauthorized Code has not yet been redeemed by a third party prior to the notification of the Service Provider, the Service Provider shall invalidate the Code and provide the User with another Code. If the unauthorized Code has already been used before notifying the Service Provider, the User shall not be entitled to claim compensation or indemnification from the Service Provider.
8. The Website and the Game can be used without registration: however, it enhances the user experience if the User registers on the Website.
9. Registration is done by clicking on the “REGISTRATION” button on the Website: the User will choose a name, then, after entering their personal data (surname, first name), their valid and working email address, password, and then their confirmed password, they receive an email to the email address provided by them requesting confirmation of the registration. By clicking on the link in the confirmation e-mail, you finalise and activate your registration, after which you are immediately entitled to use all the services offered by the Website.
7. Data Processing, Data Protection Rules
1. The Service Provider's Privacy Notice is available at the following link:
1. According to Government Decree No. 45/2014 (26.II.) on the detailed rules of contracts between consumers and businesses, the User has the right to withdraw from the contract within 14 days of the purchase of the Code (i.e. the receipt of the e-mail containing the Code) without giving any reason. Likewise, if performance under the contract for services has been started, you have the right to terminate the contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal/termination period expires 14 days after the date of conclusion of the contract. The notice of withdrawal shall be deemed to have been given in a timely manner, if it is verifiably delivered by the User by midnight on the 14th day following the sending of the e-mail.
2. If you wish to exercise your right of withdrawal/termination, you must send us a clear statement of your intention to withdraw/terminate (for example, by post or electronic mail) to the following address: 1037 Budapest, Fanyarka utca 1. B. lház. földszint 7., Hungary, email@example.com.
3. The User shall exercise their right of withdrawal/termination within the time limit if they send their notice of withdrawal/termination before the expiry of the time limit specified above.
9. Legal Effects of Withdrawal/Termination
1. If you, as User, withdraw from this contract, the Service Provider will immediately, but no later than 14 days after receipt of your notice of withdrawal, refund all payments made by you. The Service Provider will use the same payment method as the one used in the original transaction for the refund, unless you explicitly agree to a different payment method; you will not incur any additional costs as a result of using this refund method.
2. If you, as User, have requested that the service should begin within the termination period, in the event of termination you will be liable to reimburse the Service Provider for the pro rata amount of the service provided up to the date of termination. Likewise, the Service Provider will refund the part of the consideration provided by the User that exceeds the value of the service provided by the Service Provider.
3. In the case of the purchase of a Code entitling the User to use the Service, the User may not exercise the right of withdrawal once the provision of such Service has been started.
10. Warranty, Complaints Procedure
1. With regard to the Services available on the Website, unless otherwise indicated on the Website in respect of the relevant Game, the User may submit a warranty claim to the Service Provider in accordance with the applicable legislation.
2. When using the Game only those causes that are attributable to the Service Provider, due to faults in the software that operates the Game, shall be considered as faults. In the event of an error occurring during the Game, the User shall immediately notify the Service Provider thereof. Any cause(s) beyond the Service Provider's control, as referred to in the “Game” section, as well as any error in the User's device, any outages in accessing the Internet network, shall not be considered as an error.
3. The User may request a repair or replacement, unless the fulfilment of the request chosen by the User is impossible or would involve disproportionate additional costs for the Service Provider compared to the fulfilment of any other request submitted by others. If the repair or replacement was not requested or could not be requested, the User may request a proportionate reduction of the consideration or, as a last resort, may withdraw from the contract. The User may switch from one warranty right to another, but the related costs shall be borne by the User, unless it was justified or it was attributable to the Service Provider.
4. The User shall notify the Service Provider of any error immediately upon discovery, but not later than two months after the discovery of the error. At the same time, the User is reminded that they may no longer assert their implied warranty rights after the expiry of the two-year limitation period from the date of performance of the contract.
5. Within six months from the date of performance, you may assert an implied warranty claim on the basis of the notification of the defect, provided that you, as User, can prove that the service was provided by the Service Provider. However, after six months from the date of performance, you will be required to prove that the defect which you have discovered existed at the time of the performance.
6. In the event that the Service Provider acts as a direct service provider for the Service sold on the Website, the Service Provider shall not be liable for any warranty or guarantee obligations for the products and services sold by third parties. The third party shall be directly liable for any obligations relating to the products.
7. The Service Provider will handle any complaints in its customer service, taking into account the applicable legislations. Contact details for its customer service:
Telephone: +36 30 585 4152 (on working days from 9am to 5pm); e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. When handling general complaints and quality complaints, the Service Provider shall act in accordance with the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, the Civil Code and these GTC. The Service Provider shall respond to complaints received in writing within 2 (two) working days, if possible, but no later than 30 (thirty) days.
9. If the attempt to settle the User's complaint amicably is unsuccessful, the User is entitled to apply to a conciliation board or to a competent court for the settlement of the dispute, and in case of suspected violation of the consumer protection legislations, the User may file a complaint with the consumer protection authority (NFH in Hungary).
11. Intellectual Property
1. The Website (including the Game) and all content, descriptions, graphics and illustrations on the Website are the exclusive property of the Service Provider.
2. The content on the Website (including the Game) may not be copied, recorded, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, downloaded, edited, resold or published in any form, whether by analogue or digital means. The use of any content of the Website in any form, whether for commercial or other purposes, is only possible with the prior written consent of the Service Provider.
3. Any infringement of the Service Provider's intellectual property (trademark infringement, copyright infringement etc.) will result in the offender being held liable.
12. Limitation of Liability
1. The Service Provider does not assume any responsibility for the continuous, error-free operation of the Website and other related websites. The Service Provider will use all possible means to prevent the Website from being attacked by viruses or malware. The Service Provider shall not be liable for any loss of data transmitted by the User via the Internet when using the Website. The User is responsible for the proper condition of their own hardware and software devices and for ensuring that they are suitable for the use of the Internet and the Website and the Game as well as for uploading and downloading content to and from the Internet.
13. Applicable Law
1. The present GTC shall be governed by the rules of Hungarian law. If any provision of the GTC is found to be invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the other provisions, which shall be automatically replaced by the provision in accordance with the law.